In an era of heightened corporate transparency, greater workforce mobility, and severe skills shortages, attracting, engaging, and retaining employees have emerged as the top issues for business leaders, these are not merely HR problems any more. Culture as the foundation for retention and engagement are the most critical issues companies face around the world. 87% of organisations cite culture and commitment as one of their top challenges, and 50% call the problem "very important."
Every organisation has a culture whether they defined it or not. Organisations that have created a culture defined by a clear set of values and corresponding behaviours coupled with a purpose (vision) that provides meaningful work have realised they have strong positive employee engagement. These companies are outperforming their peers. These are the places that have higher levels of employee engagement resulting in retention and as a result will likely be the employer of choice, attracting top talent.
Given this new transparency, an organisation's culture can become a critical competitive advantage or not, with no place to hide. Culture and engagement are now hot topics that have entered into the C-Suite conversations.
Over the last two years, the issue of culture has surfaced as a challenge for leaders. CEOs are beginning to realise they can no longer abdicate the culture thing to the HR department; instead, they now are starting to understand they are the in the role that is solely accountable for the culture. Leaders have mistakenly delegated to HR to do something about engagement and improve retention.
During this full day workshop, delegates will understand and take decisive action on their organisational culture by knowing their authentic and overt culture (values) versus their covert (underground) values. Delegates will learn how to draw upon the best of their organisation's past to engage and retain people. Learning objectives include but are not limited to:
- Identify the factors that of engagement, retention and productivity for your organisations
- Learn whether culture can change and if so what does it take and how long does it take
- Understand the correlation between a strong company culture, engagement, retention a company success
- Understand the best talent fit for your company culture and how to hire accordingly. How do you hire for fit into your culture?
- Implement cohesive talent management processes in the areas of performance management, HiPo identification and succession to reinforce engagement through respect and trust and build a stable workforce
Delegates who complete this workshop will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Schulich School of Business - York University.